The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Vending

This is a discussion on Vending within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; I've only been on this site a while but I've had some weird experiences with the vendors. For me the ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By dennis
  • 1 Post By Otterwoman
  • 1 Post By Jake
  • 1 Post By Kaysie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: dennis has shown reliable knowledge
Default Vending

I've only been on this site a while but I've had some weird experiences with the vendors. For me the folks presenting themselves as professional have been very good and provided excellent products n quality but the novices have been a bunch of hard to deal with dysfunctional flakes. I've had to cancel orders and get refunds for eggs and animals twice now from novices posting for sale here because they were laggin n running me around to ship after we agreed on a ship date clearly before I paid and I recently bought some eggs I waited all day to receive only to unbox a bottle of 90 degree water the eggs were cooked in basically. they had one small totally thawed heat pack but were sent in a really thin cardboard in uninsulated box......what THE HECK . I have shipped n received thousands of amphibians and anyone with half a brain cell should know if ya ship in the heat it must be insulated......as a community we all better step up for the animals sake and start holding folks publicly accountable for laziness that results in cruelty to animals. I doubt I ever buy another animal from these boards unless its from the one professional vender who seemed to care about the animals.....Kats aquatics really sent me a beautiful well packed insulated order this summer in the middle of the heat everything was fine n arrived about 75 degrees.......

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Vending

I hear what you're saying....if a vendor is unknown to you, you can always ask questions, specific ones. If I'd been burned a few times, I would be doing that too. I'm sorry for the negative experiences you've had to deal with.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: dennis has shown reliable knowledge

I can take care of myself. Next idiot kid that rips me off can expect trouble. I've turned things in to local police n animal control more than once. For instance ya ship me anything alive with no insulation in 90+ degree weather I see that as animal cruelty and unless its clearly an accident I'm apt to file felony charges against you for it. This is the real world folks if you dont want big problems play right or leave me alone.

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 10
Rep: Jake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJake is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis View Post
Next idiot kid that rips me off can expect trouble. I've turned things in to local police n animal control more than once. For instance ya ship me anything alive with no insulation in 90+ degree weather I see that as animal cruelty and unless its clearly an accident I'm apt to file felony charges against you for it.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, no need to get all uptight. I've gotten my fair share of fried and scrambled eggs on here too, but I don't think anyone does it on purpose. Alerting the authorities because a stranger (who may very well be a child) made a mistake is a bit extreme. Besides, some would consider shipping animals in general to be a cruel practice. Think about it. They're getting packed into a box and handed off to a complete stranger, thrown from truck to plane to truck several times and ending up in a strange new place. Asking a stranger to send you eggs in 90 degree weather is a big risk in the first place, even if they are sent in an insulated box with an ice pack.

Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013   #5 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

This is the testimonial section. If you have a specific testimonial, feel free to post it. Be constructive and polite. But passive-aggressive ranting on the forum probably won't get you anywhere.

Personally, I don't think anyone with half a brain cell should ship axolotls when it's 90F. That includes purchasing animals requiring shipment.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack