The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Chiller - Australia - Guppy's Aquarium Products

This is a discussion on Chiller - Australia - Guppy's Aquarium Products within the Testimonials forums, part of the Advertisements for Newts & Salamanders category; Just re-posting my review of the latest purchase - as of today there's still no changes to the webpage and ...

Testimonials The place to post info about good or bad deals with people and companies. Reading is open to anyone, including unregistered visitors - this means these pages are viewable by anyone so mind your Ps and Qs. Posting is open to Registered Caudata.org Members only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th September 2014   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: mmuumi is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Chiller - Australia - Guppy's Aquarium Products

Just re-posting my review of the latest purchase - as of today there's still no changes to the webpage and no mentioning of options, so please make sure you contact them prior to ordering:

'I thought I'd share my today's experience with Guppy's Aquarium Products: so I ordered this chiller Hailea HC-150A 1/10hp Chiller Marine Aquarium to 400L | Guppy's Aquarium Products Online from them.

Pros:
- great price
- arrived safely and quickly via Fast Couriers last night

Cons:
- the pic on the website shows a Black chiller - mine arrived White (there's absolutely nowhere on the page to suggest any variations).
- the pic shows some random chiller as the outlets on mine are at the back rather than side.

Emailed the support team - no response, so I lodged a dispute via PayPal offering them an exchange to Black - or refund of postage since that's only fair and would cost them that much to exchange. Got a refund almost straight away but a quite nasty note with it, quote: 'I sent you the refund, we use the pictures as a reverence only. In future please buy from your local shop if you need a specific colour or email us before you buy.'

Really??? Since when not stating variations of the product in the e-shop is normal? Replied back suggesting they amend the webpage and make it clear that you're buying a Random colour.
Can't say I'm impressed. In the end - I got a working product at a reasonable price but it's a different product essentially... don't think I'll buy from them again.'

Hope this helps somebody to avoid disappointment.

mmuumi is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack