The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Weird fire bellied toad behavoirs

This is a discussion on Weird fire bellied toad behavoirs within the Anura: Frogs & Toads forums, part of the Other Amphibians category; I have three fire belied toads and I have had them for a while now. When I first purchased my ...

Anura: Frogs & Toads For discussion of frogs and toads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Helena has started on the right path
Default Weird fire bellied toad behavoirs

I have three fire belied toads and I have had them for a while now.

When I first purchased my fire bellied toads, they were all pretty bright green.

Some times I notice that they change colour in their tank, getting a little darker green. Is this normal? I also notice that my fire bellies always make high pitched noises and one frog will be on top of the other frog, and the frog on top will hold on tight and wrap it forearms on the bottom frog. It looks like it is hurting the other frog? what is this? is this mating?

-Helena

Last edited by Helena; 27th February 2012 at 01:25.
Helena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 28
Rep: EasternNewtLove has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Weird fire bellied toad behavoirs

What you're describing definitely sounds like amplexus! Hopefully you get some eggs :)

EasternNewtLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

They have been doing this for some year now and there is still no eggs turning up And the female is a little fat but doesn't look like shes fat with eggs. and I dont think that the frogs could be eating them becuase I whatch them constantly and i never see them get layed in the first place. Is there anything that im doing wrong that is preventing them from laying their eggs? I dont even know how to tell the difference between male and female.

And also I am trying to breed these guys and I have three of them and they are fully grown I think and they are in a 10 gallon tank. I don't think is big enough. They mate all the time, but no matter how long I wait, there are never eggs. :-(

-Help!

Old 18th March 2012   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:

i will try to attach some pictures.

LinkBack