The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Singing??

This is a discussion on Singing?? within the General Discussion and Identification forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Do Pac Man and Fire belly toads sing? If so are they very loud? If they are i don't need ...

General Discussion and Identification Not sure what you've got or seen? Ask here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th January 2007   #1 (permalink)
richard

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Do Pac Man and Fire belly toads sing? If so are they very loud? If they are i don't need a whole cacaphony of noise in my basement.

Old 26th January 2007   #2 (permalink)
rodrigo

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Male fire belly toads do make noise. Its a little annoying if you ask me...though not very loud.

Old 9th February 2007   #3 (permalink)

Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: thomas has started on the right path

I like the sound of the firebelly toads, soft chirp, nothing like some others I have, P crucifer and P brachyphona can be very annoying at 3 in the morning , And always sets off the I can call louder then you can response in all my frogs!

thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2007   #4 (permalink)
nicole

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I love listening to my fire-bellied toads. Like Thomas said, very soft chirp unless they are mating. Then it gets a tad bit louder and gets the attention of the cat.

Old 17th November 2015   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: pygmycory is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Singing??

Do they sing at night or during the day? Can females be easily told apart from males?

pygmycory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Pugnator is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Singing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pygmycory View Post
Do they sing at night or during the day? Can females be easily told apart from males?
Fire belly toad sing when they want to mate or when they want. It is very soft and you can easly keep their terrarium in your bed room. Only male sing and they can't be easly tell apart (Only male sing and male has nuptial pads on fingers..
Regarding Pacman Frog the female is bigger and male have dark throats. Male usually sing much more time but also female do. The Pacman frog are diurnal so sing almost only on day while Fire belly toad depend on their personal temper, every Bombina is different and they should be active both on day and night(Instead of long sleep they do different snaps )

Pugnator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
singing

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 13th November 2017, 12:28 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack