The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Cuban Tree Frogs?

This is a discussion on Cuban Tree Frogs? within the General Discussion and Identification forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; hello does anyone know anything about cuban tree frog's? or osteopilus septentriona? let me know thank's;...

General Discussion and Identification Not sure what you've got or seen? Ask here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th April 2006   #1 (permalink)
sandy

Gallery Images:
Comments:

hello does anyone know anything about cuban tree frog's? or osteopilus septentriona? let me know thank's;

Old 27th April 2006   #2 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

<font color="ff0000">Moved by John.</font>

Old 2nd May 2006   #3 (permalink)
abrahm

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I know that this species gets quite large (~4 inches) and is quite predatory on other amphibians, even it's own species and as such should be kept in a species only tank with like sized tank mates, if any.

That's all that I have, their care and habitat requirements wouldn't be much different than any other tree frog.

Old 19th May 2006   #4 (permalink)
sandy

Gallery Images:
Comments:

thank's sorry i'm reading it late trying to get all imformation i can on them if you can let me know exact requirement's for them and any tank setup picture's would be great thank's and have a great weekend sandy.

Old 20th May 2006   #5 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: mike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Hi Sandy - try this: http://allaboutfrogs.org/info/species/cuban.html

Old 29th May 2006   #6 (permalink)
sandy

Gallery Images:
Comments:

hello mike than's for the input do you know what else can go with them by your experience? let me know thank-you sandy.

Old 29th May 2006   #7 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: mike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmike is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

I wouldn't recommend mixing this species, and would be careful to keep them with others of a similar size. This voracious predator feeds readily on smaller frogs. Males are typically 90 mm snout to vent, and females 125 mm. They can live for 15 years in captivity.

Old 9th September 2006   #8 (permalink)
chris

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Ha, Cuban Tree Frogs, the females get HUGE! It is fairly easy to tell the difference between the males and females because of the fact that the females can get larger than 4" and males generally are 2 1/2". If you have only have males you can mix this species with other frogs but if you have a female, she will eat other frogs...as seen in other posts.

Chris

Tags
cuban, frogs, tree

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 3 (Set)

ambraun, emmy1500, MiniraBuster
LinkBack