The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Facebook group for anuran keeping caudata enthusiasts....

This is a discussion on Facebook group for anuran keeping caudata enthusiasts.... within the General Discussion and Identification forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; There's a new group especially for salamander and newt keepers who like to show some pics of there anurans to ...

General Discussion and Identification Not sure what you've got or seen? Ask here.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Niels D
  • 1 Post By Tappers
  • 1 Post By Niels D
  • 1 Post By Niels D
  • 2 Post By Azhael
  • 1 Post By CJ1981
  • 1 Post By Tappers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2013   #1 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Niels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Facebook group for anuran keeping caudata enthusiasts....

There's a new group especially for salamander and newt keepers who like to show some pics of there anurans to other caudata keepers without getting comments about the fact that it's not a salamander of a newt. That's why there's a new facebook group next to the group we already knew (salamanders and newts) which is:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/660674420639199/

There are a lot of anuran groups already, but this one's specially for you fellow caudata lovers!

P.r.schrenckii/L.laoensis/P.deloustali/P.chinensis/P.guangxiensis/Paramesotriton sp (Roter Warzenmolch)/S.lacertina/Triturus macedonicus/T.dobrogicus macrosoma/T. karelinii/C.e.popei/N.viridescens/P.waltl/C.orientalis
Niels D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Tappers has given consistently good advice and informationTappers has given consistently good advice and informationTappers has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Facebook group for anuran keeping caudata enthusiasts....

Always nice to know I'm not the only one with a slightly more diverse interest. So many of these groups become a royal-python love in!

Request sent..

Tappers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Rep: Niels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNiels D is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappers View Post
Request sent..
and aproved!

We knew that a lot of newt and salamander keepers keep anurans as well. Of course a lot keep a lot more exotic stuff like me. I prefer caudates and anurans, but I can't live without my blueys (blue tongued skinks).

P.r.schrenckii/L.laoensis/P.deloustali/P.chinensis/P.guangxiensis/Paramesotriton sp (Roter Warzenmolch)/S.lacertina/Triturus macedonicus/T.dobrogicus macrosoma/T. karelinii/C.e.popei/N.viridescens/P.waltl/C.orientalis
Old 8th November 2013   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Tappers has given consistently good advice and informationTappers has given consistently good advice and informationTappers has given consistently good advice and information

Thanks! I blame the dartfrogs for being the gateway anurans that really led me astray. I've always kept a range of herps but having animals that need fruit flies means that you start thinking of other things with the same requirements for all those tasty little home-bred treats.

In addition to the darts, gray treefrogs, marsupial frogs, recently rescued oriental firebellies and a ravenous horde of green toads that I'd doubtless have anyway, I now have an obsessive relationship with the tiny Earless Dragon (Tympanocryptis tetraporophora). Including nursery set-ups, I now have five groups of them ready to munch any fruit flies and bean weevils available

Right, where are those anuran photos?

Old 8th November 2013   #5 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:

I've got marsupial frogs as well (Gastrotheca riobambae). One of my absolute favourite species next to Litoria splendida and Polypedates Otilophus, which I do not keep but are planning to in the future if I'm lucky enough to find them. Another top ten animal is Pedostibes hosii:

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 8th November 2013   #6 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

:O
Witches! Traitors!

People who use Facebook should be buuuuuurned :P

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013   #7 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: CJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhael View Post
Witches! Traitors!

I agree, may I suggest a Facebook based petition, once you get one million 'likes' then unleash the flames!

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions
CJ1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhael View Post
Witches! Traitors!

I refuse to be martyred in any way that compromises dead-wood habitats!

Old 8th November 2013   #9 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:

I only made a facebook account because of the Newt and Salamander group. In the end I put a lot of nonsense on the internet as well though. I'm not using my own name though. I'm Coenraad

LinkBack