The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Best food for hylid and/or ranid tadpoles

This is a discussion on Best food for hylid and/or ranid tadpoles within the General Discussion and Identification forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Hello, all. I wondered what you thought the best food for tadpoles of hylid and/or ranid tadpoles. I have some, ...

General Discussion and Identification Not sure what you've got or seen? Ask here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th April 2014   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 0
Rep: Bill B has started on the right path
Default Best food for hylid and/or ranid tadpoles

Hello, all.

I wondered what you thought the best food for tadpoles of hylid and/or ranid tadpoles. I have some, I think, of each - separated in different containers. I have Zoo Med tadpole food, which is 50% crude protein. Is that too high of a percentage?

Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014   #2 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 12
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Best food for hylid and/or ranid tadpoles

My method for raising tadpoles is this: "put them in a cycled tub with algae growing in it and watch e'm grow" Pretty darn easy. The only problem is that they tub usually has to have sat there for quite a while before a good amount of algae starts to grow. but after that they are good to go........until the algae runs out

LinkBack