The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New African dwarf frogs :)

This is a discussion on New African dwarf frogs :) within the Anura: Photo Gallery forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; So I just thought I would share some pictures of my new little guys, also I think the larger one ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: allied123 has shown reliable knowledgeallied123 has shown reliable knowledge
Default New African dwarf frogs :)

So I just thought I would share some pictures of my new little guys, also I think the larger one has the white spots behind his armpits (indicating he's a male?) but I'm thinking the smaller one is to small to sex yet? If anyone has any thoughts on this they'd be greatly appreciated :)
Attached Thumbnails
New African dwarf frogs :)-imag0526.jpg   New African dwarf frogs :)-imag0527.jpg   New African dwarf frogs :)-imag0528.jpg  

allied123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: elKendo97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New African dwarf frogs :)

Thanks for sharing this photos, the truth is that I love this species.
Tell us a little more man lol.
How are you keep the frogs?

elKendo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: allied123 has shown reliable knowledgeallied123 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: New African dwarf frogs :)

I'm a girl lol but after doing a ton of research on a betta site and knowing I'd keep up with the water changes and looking at aduadvisor I put them in my 5.5 gallon fluval spec 5 with my betta (which does have a filter and is heated to 78-80 degrees Fahrenheit). I wasn't exactly sure on their food as I couldn't find the specific food people recommended for the little guys but I had some "aquatic newt" food that seemed to fit the same bill in respect to ingredients and protein, fat etc. They're on black sand with lots of hiding spots in some fake grass and a fake drift hide and I have a bamboo and another plant (not quite sure what that one is...it isn't doing too well...) in the tank as well. Oh and they eat in a little feeding bowl to avoid any sand ingestion.

allied123 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack