The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

The elusive Hyla arborea

This is a discussion on The elusive Hyla arborea within the Anura: Photo Gallery forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; After years of unsuccessfully following the quacking call of Hyla arborea across muddy fields in France I finally got lucky ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th July 2010   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11
Default The elusive Hyla arborea

After years of unsuccessfully following the quacking call of Hyla arborea across muddy fields in France I finally got lucky this year when one hopped onto the back of my chair. Some of my best field herping happens when I'm sitting with a beer in hand, minding my own business. I did find one in the boot of my hire car once but it doesn't count unless you know where it came from.

Click the image to open in full size.

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010   #2 (permalink)
Jan
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Jan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgJan is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: The elusive Hyla arborea

Handsomely photographed Mark - very nice.

Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010   #3 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

This species is a little gem.
Congrats for succeeding on finding them hehe, i too have been fooled a few times...you hear them, but then, they´re gone.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: aramcheck is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgaramcheck is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgaramcheck is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgaramcheck is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgaramcheck is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgaramcheck is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhael View Post
This species is a little gem.
Congrats for succeeding on finding them hehe, i too have been fooled a few times...you hear them, but then, they´re gone.
Growing up a kin naturalist in Dordogne, those guys drove me crazy!!!! My dad's cousin had a farm, and his reservoir was heavily planted with reed and you could hear them, but could I find them? Mostly no. As most man made reservoir the banks were very steep, and I got wet more often than lucky

And as always, stunning photography Mark.

aramcheck is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack