The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

R. aurora egg development photo progression

This is a discussion on R. aurora egg development photo progression within the Anura: Photo Gallery forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Hi all, Just wanted to share this R. aurora ( Red legged frog ) egg photo progression that I have ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sde

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th April 2014   #1 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 12
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default R. aurora egg development photo progression

Hi all,

Just wanted to share this R. aurora ( Red legged frog ) egg photo progression that I have been working on. OK, OK, so the photos aren't the best, but its all I could do with the camera I have ( if you have tips on a good way to do this I would love to hear them, I am going to do another egg photo progression on another species ).

I am also going to be coming out with a A. gracile egg development photo progression in a while.

Anyway just wanted to share it, I hope you enjoy, if the pictures aren't too bad
-Seth
Attached Thumbnails
R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1140768.jpg   R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1140784.jpg   R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1140789.jpg   R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1140818.jpg   R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1140836.jpg  

R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1140860.jpg   R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1140881.jpg   R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1140907.jpg  

Old 7th April 2014   #2 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: R. aurora egg development photo progression

I didn't have room to post the rest of the pictures so here they are, the last two. Finishing with the hatchlings.

It should be noted however, that they did not hatch naturally. For some reason they weren't hatching - I think because they were separated from the egg mass so the eggs expanded making it hard for them to hatch - and I believe they were pooping inside of the actual egg. I am not sure of this but I feared that that could make the area around them bad and thus kill them. So I force hatched them.
They were a appropriate size and development to hatch, but just weren't. Almost all the other eggs that were still attached to the egg mass had hatched, and these guys were the same age. So everything went and is fine. They are now doing great.
-Seth
Attached Thumbnails
R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1150150.jpg   R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1150151.jpg  

Old 17th June 2014   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Cool Re: R. aurora egg development photo progression

WOW! Looking back on the last post I realize how fast they have grown!

So, here's an update. The largest one ( the ones that came in doors sooner ) have gained their back legs recently.

Enjoy! -Seth
Attached Thumbnails
R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1150795.jpg   R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1160058.jpg   R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1160062.jpg   R. aurora egg development photo progression-p1160162.jpg  

LinkBack