The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Bufo typhonius

This is a discussion on Bufo typhonius within the Bufonidae: True Toads forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Getting in 2 pairs of the bufo typhonius tomorrow very excitied dont see thses guys around to often. i picked ...

Bufonidae: True Toads For the discussion of true toads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joshfrogz72

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: joshfrogz72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bufo typhonius

Getting in 2 pairs of the bufo typhonius tomorrow very excitied dont see thses guys around to often. i picked up a pair at the reptile show last week turned out to be 2 males and one died right away. so hopefully these come in good. just a awesome toad will post pics when i get . anyone ver work with these guys before

joshfrogz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: manderkeeper has started on the right path
Default Re: Bufo typhonius

I agree they are really cool. Sorry to hear one didn't make it. I know snakes at sunset has pairs in regularly, I asked about them a couple of times but didn't end up getting any. I've also heard some speculation you might need a small group to get them to breed. I'd read up on their natural history for sure. I'm holding out for now to see how people do with the influx of WC, I'll probably get some if they are successful in keeping and breeding them.

manderkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2015   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: joshfrogz72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bufo typhonius

i just got my 2 pairs of bufo typhonius today and they are awesome, look very healthy, femals have very minor nose rubs but heard it is common with them. so i have them in a 40 breeder now and already eating dusted crickets. cant wait to see how they do. might want to pick up another pair very rarely see these for sale. i got the typhonius from snakes at sunset, waiting to see when they get the mini cresteds in. i would go for it they are amazing escpially the females with the huge crest

joshfrogz72 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack