The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Tropical house for my Red eyed tree frogs

This is a discussion on Tropical house for my Red eyed tree frogs within the Tree Frogs forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Hi everyone, I am relatively new posting here despite always lurking around and an avid forum reader where I get ...

Tree Frogs Tree frogs of all kinds should be discussed here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Aminart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tropical house for my Red eyed tree frogs

Hi everyone, I am relatively new posting here despite always lurking around and an avid forum reader where I get many brilliant information and advice too.

I am in the process of preparing my greenhouse to house some amphibians and let them roam free. At the moment primarily interested in releasing my 5 red eyed tree frogs. So I am looking for any tips and advice from you all the more experienced ones.
I come from a lepidoptera background so in the beginning my GH was built with exotic butterflies and moths in mind which I have reared successfully and still do to some extent, but now am very keen on amphibians.
My GH is 20" X 8" and its fully climate controlled, for both Winter and Summer. I have built and installed a system that I maintain temperature and humidity range to any specification required to a very narrow margin of just 2C.
I would love to hear advice on what and how to plant the borders water ponds or features, plants and especially floor as I have gravel in the middle at the moment with borders with mature tropical plants around. Some photos included for a better idea.
Please feel free to ask me any question if you have and I will be very appreciated for all your help and advice.
I am a professional photographer by the way with background in Science and I work very closely with university lecturers researchers and biologists hence also my GH has been built around making it also photography friendly with good lighting in mind. I run photography workshops in my GH so you will some attendees practising their photography skills in some of the photos. Just thought I would explain .
Many thanks

Aminart is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack