The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Thinking about getting some Vietnamese Mossy Frogs, any advice from someone with experience?

This is a discussion on Thinking about getting some Vietnamese Mossy Frogs, any advice from someone with experience? within the Tree Frogs forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Hello everyone, I have been thinking about getting some Mossy frogs for a small breeding project. I have heard they ...

Tree Frogs Tree frogs of all kinds should be discussed here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th July 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: gnarvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking about getting some Vietnamese Mossy Frogs, any advice from someone with experience?

Hello everyone, I have been thinking about getting some Mossy frogs for a small breeding project. I have heard they are pretty hardy and relatively simple to keep (compared to other frog species).

I have kept animals like turtles and snakes for years but never any amphibians. Just looking for some advice on keeping them that I may not find in a basic care sheet.
My biggest worry is not getting a female, I have heard the odds are not very good, something like every 1 in 20-25 are female. If this is true, I was planning on getting 5 tadpoles and hoping I could hit the 20-25% odds.

If anyone has owned these amazing looking frogs I would love to see some enclosures for inspirations. I have a 30 gallon tall tank I am planing to use as a semi aquatic set up, I figure this will give plenty of room for water feature at the bottom, with different levels of land features as it goes up.

gnarvin is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack