The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New Amazon Milk Froglet

This is a discussion on New Amazon Milk Froglet within the Tree Frogs forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Hey all I got my first tree frog on the weekend. He (or she) is a very cute little guy. ...

Tree Frogs Tree frogs of all kinds should be discussed here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Aplestris has started on the right path
Default New Amazon Milk Froglet

Hey all
I got my first tree frog on the weekend. He (or she) is a very cute little guy. He (I'm just going to say 'he' now ) and his exo terra tank and some small crickets was all that I bought due to a restricted budget. I think that he is about 2.3cm from snout to vent but I am not sure. I'll add some pictures hopefully.
He eats one or two crickets everyday as I lift him out of the tank and place him in a separate one to record his feeding (mentally ). As far as I understand they get rather big. Could anyone tell me if it would be possible to get another in the tank with him? It is a 45cm high by 25cm wide and 30cm long (roughly). He is so small now but I think I couldn't fit another further down the road. Also, should I be feeding him every day? He eats small crickets and doesn't seem to be too much chubbier than when I got him. The care sheets I have looked at haven't really told me much about juvenile care.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
I don't now If the pictures will show but they are also under an album I have uploaded
I would love to know if anyone has this species or has experience with them or any tips?

Aplestris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Rep: Herphunter1998 has given consistently good advice and informationHerphunter1998 has given consistently good advice and informationHerphunter1998 has given consistently good advice and informationHerphunter1998 has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: New Amazon Milk Froglet

I'm no frog expert by any means, but you should be feeding your crickets and keeping them gut loaded and dusting them with calcium. I couldn't get your pictures to load but I think two small ones would be fine together until they are full grown. if i were you i'd stick to just the one and feed it good and take care of it.

Herphunter1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

I can't open the pics

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: Aplestris has started on the right path

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herphunter1998 View Post
I'm no frog expert by any means, but you should be feeding your crickets and keeping them gut loaded and dusting them with calcium. I couldn't get your pictures to load but I think two small ones would be fine together until they are full grown. if i were you i'd stick to just the one and feed it good and take care of it.
Hi
I do gutload my crickets as well as powder them with vitamins I probably won't be getting another now as they have sold out and I can't find them (or many amphibians) for sale in my area. It's just that he just sits around mostly in the same place but having doing some research apparently keeping them separately doesn't make a difference to their behavior (lazy little guys)

otterwoman have you tried viewing my Milk Frog album if they do not appear on the post/thread It should be uploaded. This is the link for it:
http://www.caudata.org/forum/members...milk-frog.html

Aplestris is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack