The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

First mantella eggs

This is a discussion on First mantella eggs within the Madagascar Anurans: Mantellass Tomato Frogs, etc. forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Ian, thank you for sharing your valuable experiences. Thank you for making the effort to upload these images. This is ...

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st December 2016   #21 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Blackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: First mantella eggs

Ian, thank you for sharing your valuable experiences. Thank you for making the effort to upload these images. This is all greatly valued and appreciated. All information, 'real information' which will contribute to the successful husbandry of stock by other enthusiasts. Priceless.

Blackbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2016   #22 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Thanks. This information was freely given to me by others so I'm happy to pass it on

Old 22nd December 2016   #23 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Blackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and information

Yes but you pass it on because you have used it successfully (no doubt modifying it a little according to your experiences) and have confidence in it as you know it works and that ups its value considerably.

Blackbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2017   #24 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

After a winter cooling period with temps dropping to around 10c my mantella have started breeding again. Pulled a couple of batches which have started hatching over the last couple of days, the females are all looking chunky and full of eggs. I still have frogs morphing from last year and intend to increase my adult colony from 20+ to 50+, so will have a big build to do latter in the year

LinkBack