The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

mantellas?

This is a discussion on mantellas? within the Madagascar Anurans: Mantellass Tomato Frogs, etc. forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Where can you buy mantellas? Are there any captive bred OR are they all wild caught?? Any info would be ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th October 2008   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Azsunspot161 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question mantellas?

Where can you buy mantellas? Are there any captive bred OR are they all wild caught??

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Azsunspot161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: tylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgtylototriton is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: mantellas?

Mantellas are tough to find. They used to be really common in the hobby when they were being imported, but fortunately that practice has nearly ceased. I'm not really sure about the rules for posting dealers and such, so I won't post any specifics. The forum dendroboard.com has information on mantellas and there are a couple dealers that advertise there that sell captive bred mantellas.

Alex

Old 21st October 2008   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 13
Rep: bobberly1 has shown reliable knowledgebobberly1 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: mantellas?

Ha, you and me both. There's one offering of M. pulchra on Kingsnake, from what I've read most are wild caught. Reptiles Magazine just published a really good and in depth article on this mantellas.

bobberly1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mantellas, mantellas?

LinkBack