The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

E.tricolor breeding

This is a discussion on E.tricolor breeding within the Dendrobatids: Poison Arrow/Dart Frogs forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; My E.tricolor have been breeding, got three groups of tads/froglets and fresh eggs. The first pic is my adult tank ...

Dendrobatids: Poison Arrow/Dart Frogs The place to discuss Dendrobatids.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By xxianxx
  • 1 Post By xxianxx
  • 1 Post By JoshBA
  • 2 Post By xxianxx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2016   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default E.tricolor breeding

My E.tricolor have been breeding, got three groups of tads/froglets and fresh eggs. The first pic is my adult tank with all the frogs unusually hiding, the second my tadpole tanks and the third pic is morphing frogs, have sixteen leaving the water atm. Nice easy species and good practice for when I get a few more
Attached Thumbnails
E.tricolor breeding-14717061110851873220759.jpg   E.tricolor breeding-147170622757117884321.jpg   E.tricolor breeding-1471706298267-2023682760.jpg  

Old 24th September 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: JoshBA has given consistently good advice and informationJoshBA has given consistently good advice and informationJoshBA has given consistently good advice and informationJoshBA has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: E.tricolor breeding

Awesome! I've been wanting to get some tricolors to add something new to my collection. I read they're a bit more difficult to breed than Santa Isabels, although 'difficulty' is a word that doesn't coincide with the care of that species.

I've been breeding E. anthonyi for a year now... it was interesting for a while but I'd like to move on to a more difficult species. They do make excellent captives though.

JoshBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

They breed readily with proper care, have fifteen morphed and a bunch of tads. Im moving more towards breeding mantella atm, my Golden's are prolific and im hoping my brown mantella breed soon. After that I intend to add a few more mantella species to my collection

Old 24th September 2016   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: JoshBA has given consistently good advice and informationJoshBA has given consistently good advice and informationJoshBA has given consistently good advice and informationJoshBA has given consistently good advice and information

Mantellas are really cool. I've seen several species offered captive bred by popular venders here in the states, most commonly the golden and green mantellas. They seem pretty underrated when compared to dart frogs, probably because they require more environmental stimuli to breed.

JoshBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

I'm surprised they are not more widely bred and kept in the uk, they are just as colourful as darts and don't kill each other which is a pleasant change from some species. Wc browns seem quite common in wholesale atm and cb from Holland are available commercially but uk breeders are thin on the ground. Decent care advice seems to be solely in the hands of Marc from Dartfrog , with the occasional wanabee expert regurgitating his care sheets. I'm in the process of tracking down a couple of experienced mantella keepers who have little online presence to get some help, you can't beat info from knowledgeable keepers with practical experience of keeping, breeding and raising a species rather than well read self proclaimed"pros".

LinkBack