The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Opinions on clawed frog

This is a discussion on Opinions on clawed frog within the Pipidae: African Clawed Toads, Surinam Toads & Aquatic Frogs forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Wondering if albino African clawed frogs are good pets and worth buying? Also would it be okay to keep a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th November 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: Parodiusgamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Opinions on clawed frog

Wondering if albino African clawed frogs are good pets and worth buying? Also would it be okay to keep a couple of males together? Or best keeping them single as I've heard they tend to be aggressive. Or would African dwarf frogs be best to keep??

Parodiusgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: TheAmphibianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Opinions on clawed frog

I have a friend who keeps African dwarf frogs and they do good on live blood worms in a small aquarium and I think she has two males together because they have not bred and they get along great and there super active but they may be both female because they make no noise

TheAmphibianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 132
Comments: 77
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Clawed frogs are better. They are for the most part, Captive bred, and are great captives

Old 25th November 2015   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Parodiusgamer is an unknown quantity at this point

How big of a tank would be suitable for 2 clawed frogs?? Thanks for your responses by the way :)

Parodiusgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Schroedermi17 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's said that two adults can fit in a 10 gallon but a 20 long can fit up to 3 adults comrtably! I would chose ACF over ADF cause the ACF are more active and in my opinion are more impressive because of the large size they can achieve

Schroedermi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Sueshee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have had my Albino Clawed Frog for a little over 2 yrs.I got him when he was tiny :) I purchased 2 but the other passed a yr after having it. I am not for sure if it was male or female but they did get along good. I will tell you they are VERY GOOD escape artist. make sure you securely have the top covered tight. mine has gotten out twice, once even out of the filter flow part. lol I had my frogs in with with from the start & they never ate none of them, but they did eat there rosie reds when I put them in there. My frog eats out of my hand and is very affectionate. I will hold mine on top of the water making sure he stays wet & I will rub his belly & head then he will go back in the water & come back up with his little front legs & try to climb out. You have to be very careful for they are very very slippery. Obviously totally aquatic. but they do breath air. They are very sensitive to sound as well. as for filter flows & under water bubbles. I guess it`s like a constant jack hammer to them. If it would drive us crazy you can only imagine how the frogs feel. I don`t want to preach about things that you might already know. So if there is something that you are curious about feel free to ask :)

Sueshee is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack