The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

ADF eggs!

This is a discussion on ADF eggs! within the Pipidae: African Clawed Toads, Surinam Toads & Aquatic Frogs forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Hello all, I am new to the forum. Before I ask my questions, a little background info: my hobby started ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: 12frogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ADF eggs!

Hello all, I am new to the forum. Before I ask my questions, a little background info: my hobby started with two whites tree frogs. I now have 7 whites, 3 boreal chorus frogs which I raised from tads, and two ADF's, Fred and Wilma. I just moved their 2.5 gallon tank to a different location, and apparently this triggered a breeding response! Fred has been non stop singing ( which is a pleasure to hear! ) and just last night I found the water surface covered in eggs. I immediately moved the eggs to a different enclosure. They have not hatched yet. I'm going out today to try and find some sort of fry food because I really would rather not culture a banana peel...I'm also hoping to get some brine shrimp eggs to feed the tads after their first week of life. I knew when I bought Fred and Wilma that there was a possibility of them breeding, they have simply never bred before though until now! I know to do regular water changesfor the babies and to keep them in a warm spot. I have them on top of one of my frog enclosures which gives them plenty of heat and light(but not too much!) I've heard that others haven't had much success keeping the tads alive, however I'm willing to give it my best shot! Any advice is deeply appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12frogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:

Click the image to open in full size.
Forgot to add a picture. Some have sunk and some are floating, is there any reason for this ?

Old 3rd December 2015   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

Click the image to open in full size. notice the elongated one.. Is this a good sign?

Old 3rd December 2015   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Schroedermi17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADF eggs!

I've heard the eggs can be hard to raise. With good water and food I hope you will succeed. let me give you this link that I found useful! Raising Dwarf Frog Tadpoles

Schroedermi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroedermi17 View Post
I've heard the eggs can be hard to raise. With good water and food I hope you will succeed. let me give you this link that I found useful! Raising Dwarf Frog Tadpoles

Thanks for the link! It looks like I might be getting another batch of eggs shortly... Fred has been latched on to Wilma for about 20 minutes now and he sang to her all last night!!

LinkBack