The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

15g ACF stocking

This is a discussion on 15g ACF stocking within the Pipidae: African Clawed Toads, Surinam Toads & Aquatic Frogs forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; How many ACF would fit in a 15g? The tank has everything lid, lighting, heater, thermometer, overkill filtration etc. Base ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By AndreDecasa
  • 1 Post By AndreDecasa
  • 1 Post By Sith the turtle
  • 1 Post By xxianxx
  • 2 Post By xxianxx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th January 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: AndreDecasa has started on the right path
Question 15g ACF stocking

How many ACF would fit in a 15g? The tank has everything lid, lighting, heater, thermometer, overkill filtration etc.

Base on my research people said you can fit 2 ACF in a 20g high aquarium, the length of a 20g tall is similar to a 15g standard.

AndreDecasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016   #2 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 142
Comments: 77
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: 15g ACF stocking

Most likely just 1 ACF can live in a 15 gallon tank, if you're still looking for a species to own, what about a couple of Fire-bellied toads? They make a great beginner species, they are diurnal, semi-aquatic (Benefit from land and water areas) and are great captives and bold in captivity. Here's a care-sheet: The Fire-Bellied Toad

Our sister forum Frog Forum.net would be really helpful in this situation, you could post about Bombina and Xenopus there

Old 14th January 2016   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Here is the direct link to the Bombina (Fire-belly toad) portion on both of the forums: Fire Belly Toads (Bombina) and <font color="FF6600">Anura: Frogs & Toads</font> - Bombinatoridae: Fire-bellied toads at Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Portal And if you still want aquatic frogs: Aquatic Clawed Frogs

Old 14th January 2016   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:

I'll try to look unto it, I hope someone is selling them nearby.

Thats the only problem I'm having I'm surrounded by many fish but not amphibians that I really want.

Old 14th January 2016   #5 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:

May not be reliable at all, but some people can internationally ship fish, and have a picture of B.orientalis, so maybe if I find them, you could order some Bombina from them

Old 14th January 2016   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

One adult female in a 15 gall or two males.

Old 14th January 2016   #7 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:

Huh, I thought that only 1 male could live in one, is it because the males are smaller? I never really thought that that little of a size difference really mattered with this species

Old 15th January 2016   #8 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 7
Rep: xxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgxxianxx is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

The males are about half the size of females, personally I would use a bigger tank though

Old 23rd January 2016   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:

I decided to just stick with fishes, maybe reptiles are not for me yet.

Old 25th January 2016   #10 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: RupertxGiles has shown reliable knowledge

Frogs are amphibians fyi. And I agree , a larger tank is better. African clawed frogs are very active and enjoy swimming around lots. I have mine in a 40g and they are thriving.

RupertxGiles is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack