The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

HELP!! African Clawed Frog Sick

This is a discussion on HELP!! African Clawed Frog Sick within the Pipidae: African Clawed Toads, Surinam Toads & Aquatic Frogs forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Hi all, My African clawed frog is sick and I can't figure out what is wrong with him. He keeps ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th May 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: jessicaeileen10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation HELP!! African Clawed Frog Sick

Hi all,

My African clawed frog is sick and I can't figure out what is wrong with him. He keeps having these massive muscle spasms and loses use of his back legs. For the past three days I find him upside down in his tank and I have to flip him over. He literally looks like he's having a seizure. This has been going on for a few weeks now and he was on the mend for a while - he was eating, swimming normally again and seemed to be cured and all of a sudden it started happening again. Getting himself upside down is new, that seems to be worse this time and he has a hard time flipping back upright. He won't eat right now, and only has use of his back legs *sometimes*. There's also a weird white substance coming off of him, I've attached a picture and one of his legs all funky after one of his seizures. Please if you can offer any advice or help. I don't have access to an amphibian vet at the moment and even if I did I wouldn't bring him because I'm afraid it would stress him out too much. If it's anything any medicine can solve? I've changed his entire water supply and cleaned his tank thoroughly after the first go round so chances are it's not anything in the tank. Please please help if you can - I'm pretty attached to him and I'd like to try and save him.
Attached Thumbnails
HELP!! African Clawed Frog Sick-image.jpg  

jessicaeileen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: jessicaeileen10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP!! African Clawed Frog Sick

Picture #2
Attached Thumbnails
HELP!! African Clawed Frog Sick-image.jpg