The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Acdf diet. what do you feed yours? and what is your method of culturing if you culture your live food?

This is a discussion on Acdf diet. what do you feed yours? and what is your method of culturing if you culture your live food? within the Pipidae: African Clawed Toads, Surinam Toads & Aquatic Frogs forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; hi just wondering what you all feed your African dwarf clawed frogs please? I read they go nuts about bloodworm, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: deedee71 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Acdf diet. what do you feed yours? and what is your method of culturing if you culture your live food?

hi just wondering what you all feed your African dwarf clawed frogs please?

I read they go nuts about bloodworm, but that if stuffed with them they will float. do they suffer the same floating problem if fed blackworms? are blackworms healthier?

I am going to start culturing daphnia for them as I saw some adcf eating them on youtube. are daphnia a good food for them? I will be culturing using spirulina powder, mixed with a little yeast and soya flour with gentle aeration as on the caudata page on daphnia. I am thinking I could use the daphnia as a main food supplemented with either the bloodworm, blackworm, or frog/shrimp pellets

if the blackworm is better for them than the bloodworm, I will try culturing them because they cost about 4 for 15 worms.

did anyone make a poll on what the majority of owners feed their acdf?

thanks

Dee

deedee71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: deedee71 has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Acdf diet. what do you feed yours? and what is your method of culturing if you culture your live food?

I have now got my frogs and they are eating live daphnia and freshwater copepods, they like them a lot.

deedee71 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack