The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

What color/pattern are my Pacman Frogs?

This is a discussion on What color/pattern are my Pacman Frogs? within the Leptodactylidae: Pacman, Horned, Budgett's Frogs, etc. forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Hi all! I have been on the forum for over a year but never ventured out of the Axolotl area ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Equus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What color/pattern are my Pacman Frogs?

Hi all! I have been on the forum for over a year but never ventured out of the Axolotl area to much. Who knew there was a whole frog forum? Lol.

I have always loved frogs, and recently, I traded a couple of my Axolotls for a pair of baby Pacmans. The person I got them from said one was a sunburst tangerine and one was a blue four spot. He was not the breeder of them, and looking around a bit online I am not so sure. Can anyone advise me on this? It seems there are a lot of similar colors to the albino.

Thanks.
Emily
Attached Thumbnails
What color/pattern are my Pacman Frogs?-pacm.jpg  

Old 11th January 2015   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 46
Comments: 2
Rep: Neotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: What color/pattern are my Pacman Frogs?

Possible that the green one was a blue morph. But they usually turn green over time especially when they get older, though that one looks very young. A lot of times the greenish blue ones are considered a blue morph even if its more green. Maybe because its' parents were blue morphs. I'd say it's likey to be a blue pacman frog that's not very blue.

The other is an albino. Not sure what (sunburst apricot) means but it could just be a variation of albino. Like axolotls, I think the pacmans have a few types of albino.

Old 6th July 2015   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Emily1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What color/pattern are my Pacman Frogs?

Yes it does look like a sunburst apricot (a variation of albino as mentioned above) Its just lighter than what would be considered a regular apricot from what I know (more yellow vs more orange)
Beautiful frogs by the way

Emily1 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack