The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Proud first time pixie frog parents!

This is a discussion on Proud first time pixie frog parents! within the Leptodactylidae: Pacman, Horned, Budgett's Frogs, etc. forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Hey everyone! My hubby and I just picked up a baby Pixie frog this morning at our local reptile expo. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th June 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Hiccup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proud first time pixie frog parents!

Hey everyone!

My hubby and I just picked up a baby Pixie frog this morning at our local reptile expo. The hubby has been flip flopping between Pacman frogs and the Pixies for about a week now, but the pixie won!

What a cutie pie, even I like him! Click the image to open in full size.

Here's his house! Click the image to open in full size.

We're fairly certain it's a true Giant Pixie; based on what the breeder told us, it's been eating 15 large crickets daily(?!), we've been reading that typically feeding every 2-3 days is the norm, so we're rather floored to hear this little one eats daily.

If you have any hints, tips & tricks for this little guy I'm all ears!

(I realized that I posted this under the wrong family tree! I know he's a True Frog... I was thinking Pacman frog, sorry!)

Last edited by Hiccup; 14th June 2015 at 19:01. Reason: I used the wrong scientific family
Hiccup is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack