The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Did anyone else own Upland Chorus Frogs?

This is a discussion on Did anyone else own Upland Chorus Frogs? within the Other Anurans forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Back when I didn't know better, I caught two upland chorus frogs in two days. The male had died, and ...

Other Anurans For the discussion of toad species that don't have their own subtopic.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FrogEyes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2015   #1 (permalink)
Cliygh and Mia

Gallery Images:
Comments:
Default Did anyone else own Upland Chorus Frogs?

Back when I didn't know better, I caught two upland chorus frogs in two days. The male had died, and the female we kept and named Amp. Amp had lived a long life (She was probably 3 or 4 when we found her) And lived with a cope's gray tree frog, until she broke her hind legs while I was getting the supplies to make a terrarium. (never keep anything (even if it's temporary) in a backyard safari 2 in 1 tank, The lining stinks, and killed every bug I put in there to feed them, and it killed amp by breaking her hind legs. ) But did anyone else keep upland chorus frogs? and if you did do you have any still available? thanks in advance!

Old 27th February 2015   #2 (permalink)
Cliygh and Mia

Gallery Images:
Comments:
Default Re: Did anyone else own Upland Chorus Frogs?

?Anyone?

Old 27th February 2015   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 8
Rep: FrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Did anyone else own Upland Chorus Frogs?

I don't have any now, but I've kept P.crucifer, P.regilla, P.sierra, and P.maculata, the last of which is closely related to P.feriarum. P.maculata has done well on damp coir in plastic storage boxes, but most such boxes are not all that secure for small herps. I've recently found some storage bins with an actual seal on the lid, and have drilled small air holes in the lid. No Pseudacris in these yet.

FrogEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chorus, frog, upland

LinkBack