The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Mossy Frogs sexing

This is a discussion on Mossy Frogs sexing within the Other Anurans forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Does anyone here have a pic or know where to find on that compares the nuptual pads or lack thereof ...

Other Anurans For the discussion of toad species that don't have their own subtopic.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 6
Rep: SalSA has given good advice and informationSalSA has given good advice and informationSalSA has given good advice and information
Default Mossy Frogs sexing

Does anyone here have a pic or know where to find on that compares the nuptual pads or lack thereof in Mossy Frogs (Theloderma corticale)?

SalSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 11
Comments: 0
Rep: Socrates has shown reliable knowledgeSocrates has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: Mossy Frogs sexing

Ya the males have very noticeable nuptial pads. They appear very pink (almost red) and look like a pimple. I'll post some pics of my Mossys so you can see the difference.

Tags
frogs, mossy, sexing

LinkBack