The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

My banded rubber frog??

This is a discussion on My banded rubber frog?? within the Other Anurans forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Hey peeps recently acquired a banded rubber frog when buyin my 2 awesome fire sals!! They were in same viv ...

Other Anurans For the discussion of toad species that don't have their own subtopic.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th February 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Mikey88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My banded rubber frog??

Hey peeps recently acquired a banded rubber frog when buyin my 2 awesome fire sals!! They were in same viv an all I was told that it likes to burrow like the sals also same temps and food etc. just wondering if anyone has any experience with these, think may be female as quite big very strange to see it run!! Any info would be much welcome. Peace.

Mikey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 8
Rep: FrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: My banded rubber frog??

Presumably, you're talking about Phrynomantis bifasciatus or P.microps. If that's so, I would say that you've been provided with information which is questionable at best. You'll get more complete information by way of the scientific name and your favorite search engine. That will also be quicker than me going to the bookshelves, and supplementing from memory.

FrogEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

Had a good read up nice shout. Really after anyone who's had first hand experience with these guys?? Fantastic colours. Be in touch peeps! Peace

Old 14th February 2012   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88 View Post
Had a good read up nice shout. Really after anyone who's had first hand experience with these guys?? Fantastic colours. Be in touch peeps! Peace
What? I'm not sure anyone on the forum understood a word of what you just said....

Old 14th February 2012   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with these frogs in captivity. Lots of info on natural habitats etc but no one seems to have kept them just want to pick brains that's all

Old 14th February 2012   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 8
Rep: FrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgFrogEyes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I have kept both P.bifasciatus and P.microps. They like it warmer than most caudates, should be kept reasonably moist, are generally shy, and tend to hide in cracks and crevices. They are also quite toxic, and shouldn't be in close company of other amphibians - same cage may be okay, so long as everybody can avoid prolonged close contact.

FrogEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:

Have them in same viv at moment it's 1m x 50 x 50 with bark an subsoil an moss slightly moist with a damper area at one end, with plenty of cracks for hiding. Sals an frog keep to themselves havnt seen much of them but they feedin well so presume its goin ok!! Thanks for your help any more info welcome. Will try to put pics up havnt figured it yet tho lol!!

LinkBack