The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Golden toad

This is a discussion on Golden toad within the Other Anurans forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; I live in minnesota and last summer i was searching for toads and i found 5-7 toads but there pigment ...

Other Anurans For the discussion of toad species that don't have their own subtopic.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 8
Rep: newtkidontheblock has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately
Default Golden toad

I live in minnesota and last summer i was searching for toads and i found 5-7 toads but there pigment was yellow like really really yellow like tiger sallie yellow anyone know what it was and btw i live in minneota

newtkidontheblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 8
Rep: newtkidontheblock has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately
Default Re: Golden toad

Well i fohnd more then that many toads i dound hundreds but 5-6-7 of them were yellow & or gold

newtkidontheblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 46
Comments: 2
Rep: Neotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

MN has 3 species of toads. I'm familiar with Bufo americanus/American Toad and they're color can vary depending on individual. Bufo cognatus/Great Plains Toad is green and white but still it can vary. Bufo hemiophrys/Canadian Toad occurs Northwest of the state and is more aquatic than the other toads. This toad has a lot of dark coloration scattered all over it.

I've seen yellow American Toads here in MI. Some can even be orange and reddish.

Old 1st April 2012   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 7
Rep: Coastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCoastal Groovin is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Post some pictures. Odds are they are American Toads.

LinkBack