The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Eastern narrow mouthed toad

This is a discussion on Eastern narrow mouthed toad within the Other Anurans forums, part of the Anura: Frogs & Toads category; Found a few of these guys by accident and decided to keep them since they were in an area being ...

Other Anurans For the discussion of toad species that don't have their own subtopic.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Boomsloth

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2014   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Boomsloth has given good advice and informationBoomsloth has given good advice and informationBoomsloth has given good advice and information
Default Eastern narrow mouthed toad

Found a few of these guys by accident and decided to keep them since they were in an area being developed. It was my first encounter so I did some research and got them eating fruit flies and they even started calling out (at 5am!). The crazy thing is I'm at chipotle and I hear a familiar sound outside by a puddle and think that it's a weird place to breed. I went back later and found thousands of Cuban treefrogs tadpoles and a few eastern narrow mouthed tadpoles. Decided to take the little guys (not the treefrogs) and see how they'd do. The puddle they were in dried up the next day and I can see a bunch of dried tadpoles so I guess I'm a hero? Anyway here's some pics of everything!Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boomsloth is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack