- About Joost
- Country of Nationality
- Location (visible to members only)
- Hoogeveen , Netherlands
- Display Name
- I have keeping salamanders and newts for a hobby, for about 17 years. Since 1998 I'm a member of the Dutch Salamander Society. Besides that,
We have 2 dog,(both Dutch shepherds) and 2 cats (Maine Coon and a Ragdoll).
Making and listening music (especially gothic-rock and metal, pirate-, folk- and vikingmetal). I play piano. I'm married since July 29, 2009, and I have 2 daughters.
- especially Cynops and Tylototriton species, with a special interest of animals with locality data, and C. pyrrhogaster races.
- Favourite Quote
- "Sure...! It never hurts to help...!" (Eek)
- Newt/Salamander Species kept
- F1 Cynops pyrrhogaster (Kanagawa prefecture) (Kanto race) 5.2.12
F1 Cynops pyrrhogaster (Mie prefecture)(intermediate race) 4.4
F1 Cynops pyrrhogaster sasayamae (unknown collecting locality) 2.6
wc Cynops ensicauda popei (Hiji river N-Okinawa) 2.1.(F1)7
cb Cynops ensicauda popei (coast area S-Okinawa) 2.3
cb Cynops ensicauda popei (unknown collecting locality) 1.3
wc Cynops ensicauda ensicauda (Amami-Oshima) 3.2.(F1)25
wc Cynops orientalis 2.1.13
wc Cynops cyanurus (unknown collecting locality) 1.2.1
cb Cynops cf Chenggongensis (unknown collecting locality) 0.0.10
F1 Tylototriton kweichowensis 2.1.(F2)5
F1 Laotriton laoensis 0.0.3
(last update: September 6, 2011)
- '''Time flies when you're having Rum''