- About nwmnnaturalist
- Country of Nationality
- United States
- Location (visible to members only)
- Hubbard County, MN
- Display Name
- I am a Minnesota Master Naturalist and MN DNR Non-Game Wildlife Volunteer. I am fascinated by all the natural sciences, and enjoy observing native wildlife in my area.
- Naturalist studies, gardening, habitat restoration, nature photography
- Favourite Quote
- Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain. ~Henry David Thoreau
- Newt/Salamander Species kept
- Eastern Tiger Salamander, Spring Peeper, 3 Boreal Chorus Frogs, 4 Cats, 2 Dogs
- Other Info
- I 'adopt' native amphibians and reptiles for observation that are disturbed by human activities, relocating them when the conditions are right. My amphibians are all rescued from various situations (injured on roadside, found in home, etc.) and were not healthy enough to return right away. By the time they were fit, it was too late in the season. The frogs will be relocated in prime habitat, though the Eastern Tiger Salamander may remain as a pet if I feel I'm capable of providing proper long-te
- My News
- I'm planning on expanding my Eastern Tiger Salamander's habitat, and I'm thinking of either finding a larger used aquarium, or building a new vivarium.