- About ellenant
- Country of Nationality
- Location (visible to members only)
- New Zealand
- Display Name
- Well, left school, went to uni,
studied veterinary medicine, graduated
in 2004 and now I am in NZ and do a postgrad degree.
- scuba diving, walking, reading, ANIMALS
- Favourite Quote
- "There must have been a moment, at the beginning, when we could have said- NO.
But somehow we missed it." (Samuel Beckett)
- Newt/Salamander Species kept
- 2 Axolotl (Max, wild colour and Suzie, white)
- Other Info
- At the moment I do a postgraduate degree in wildlife health
at Massey University in New Zealand. I work on protozoan diseases
in wild New Zealand Passerine Birds.
- My News
- I am very new to the world of amphibians--
last time I kept some might be tadpoles when I was a child!
For four days now I am a proud owner of two awesome
axolotls, Max, a wild coloured one, and Suzie, a white one.
Together with their brothers and sisters they were bred in an university lab for student demonstrations. But they became too many, and the babies became too big, so they were distributed to interested students like me. :-)
I always wanted one.
At the moment, they are missing their legs, they only have little stumps, although they are already 10cm long.
I guess this is due to the dense packed situation with all their
little cannibalistic siblings when they were at uni...
Now they have a 50l tank for themselves, with hidey-holes
for the first time in their live, and also a variety of food.
Can you imagine the excitement of Max and Suzie when they had their first encounter with frozen blood worms?
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1