Caudata.org 2009 calendar photo competition

i think these photos are great!!! i was amazed at some of them

This has been our best year yet. I am very happy to see so many new entrants too. I wonder what has happened to Henk Wallays and Travis Dimler?

Personally I have a few more photos I would like to enter but trying to decide which is killing me.

i tried to submit minem, but it wont work...

Freeky, to enter you need to follow the instructions in this post .

I love the picture of the duckweed monster.

Jef Janssens - Tylototriton verrucosus

file_1692.jpg

file_1687.jpg

Jef Janssens - Tylototriton shanjing

file_1691.jpg

file_1686.jpg

Jef Janssens - Paramesotriton sp

file_1690.jpg

Jef Janssens - Paramesotriton laoensis (photo 1)

file_1704.jpg

Jef Janssens - Paramesotriton laoensis (photo 2)

file_1705.jpg

file_1685.jpg

Last edited:
We’re getting more and more invalid entries. I suspect it’s because we’ve moved onto the 3rd page of this thread and people are missing the first post which explains the rules.

The rules of entry can be found here.

Please do not email IMG links or small jpgs. The photo should be the original, as it came out of the camera. Depending on your camera model this will typically be between 1.5 – 3MB.

Many thanks,
Mark

Jef Janssen's Paramesotriton with colour correction:

JJparafixed.jpg

Hi!

I have some photos that i have send to this competition, but they are not upploaded as i can see,,hmm..can someone fix this perhaps?

Cheers/Tomas

If you emailed them to the photocomp address then they will appear in the next day or two. Their appearance on this page does not affect how they are judged so please have patience :).

Hello John..
I did send them to Mark for about a weak ago, so they sould have get to you hehe.

Cheers/Tomas

Mark runs the photo competition, not me. I am sure he will post your photos here when he gets a chance. I have also entered some myself a few hours ago.

The end is neigh!

Only 30 days left folks! There’s still plenty of time to take those last minute shots but you’re going to have to get a wiggle on. The closing date is Midnight GMT, 30th September 2008.

Hello John..
I did send them to Mark for about a weak ago, so they sould have get to you hehe.

Cheers/Tomas

Hi Thomas, I did reply explaining that your photos were too small to be entered. Your file sizes range from 40-60kb which is about 20 times smaller than the file we require to print a 17inch photo. I don’t really know what to suggest – I doubt your camera took photos which were 600 x 450 pixels unless you were shooting in some sort of web image mode.

Ok Mark now I understand what you meant,, sorry fore the misunderstanding..I shall try to fix this so I can take part in the compertion, it would be nice.

Cheers/Tomas

John Clare - Taricha granulosa

file_1717.jpg

John Clare - Plethodon fourchensis

file_1716.jpg

John Clare - Cynops ensicauda popei

file_1715.jpg

John Clare - Ambystoma mavortium mavortium

file_1754.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that P. fourchensis is full of mites John... Nice pics anyhow!

Wow that P. fourchensis is full of mites John... Nice pics anyhow!
I personally haven't seen an adult Plethodon from a mountain in the Ouachitas without mites. I have seen lowland Plethodon in the region without them though. But Plethodon fourchensis is only found at about 1600+ feet on Fourch Mountain, Arkansas.

You can learn more about these chigger mites, and a lot about the Ouachita mountain salamanders from Andy Schmidt's wonderful Ouachita Plethodon 2004 thread.

You know, it's going to be a great calendar this year, and there are still 29 days left for more entries ;). Somebody email Henk Wallays and Travis Dimler :p.

Addendum: I've emailed them myself.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back