Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Northern Red-back eggs?

ryan

Reaction score
Are these Northern Red-back salamander eggs? I found them with a female (I think it was a female) nearby. They didn't really fit the discription that I read about. I was hoping to keep the female but I didn't because I was afraid I was going to mess something up.
80898.jpg

tony

Reaction score
look kinda small and too transparent.. more like slug eggs to me

J

jesse

<font color="0000ff">Those are definitely slug eggs. I've found them before and thought the same, that perhaps they were redback eggs. I brought them home and hatched them out came baby slugs. Another thing to note is that female redbacks will guard there eggs aggressively, and are often found curled around them.</font> http://www.wingwatchers.com/images2/jodsally1.jpg

C

cameron

They are definately slug eggs. My slug eggs just hatched. I'm feeding them to my Southern Redbacks.

D

dawn

I'm glad you all posted this! Because I found those eggs near where my redbacks lived and I thought they were redback eggs as well. Now I know!

D

dawn

Maybe I find the redbacks hanging out in that area because they like to eat them!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!