New radiator/terrarium system ready.

grius

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hello!
In a while now i have had some problemes in my triturus tank with stationary air circulation, as i have used in i while now. So just about one day agao i tooked upp i litle rot from the moist moss on the ground just to se it there was some probleme with smell or so. And after that it was just to empty the tank quick from all the equipment and wash it of. I can say that it didn smell good:/ .. I tooked all the clean stones and branches and put it back in the tank, and som small spots off moss that had survived. I skip the bottom substrate because it was there my probleme lay(stationary air and too moist bottom)

Now i have fixed all this probleme, so here comes some photos and explanations about my new radiator systeme/terrarium.

I use a smartbox 70L and cut out a pice at the front where the acrylicglas would be placed. I did also cut out i big piece on the top of the tank fo my radiator(the topp from a picnincbox)

I also whanted to avoid have being open the topp of the tank every time it is feeding or mosit time and so on. So i decided to use an acrylic slid door and purchase some aluminum U formed glid-list 6mm, where the glas could slide in. It worked as i wanted and was easy and lookes good.

The last thing i did was saw a round hole at the backside of the enclosure and placed a short length of a ventpipe as was assemble to a litle bit of styroamboard to get good insulation for cold. At the inside a placed my 12x12cm computer fan in front of the pipe hole, you will se wy in the pictures.

Photo0021.jpg

Here is a photo on the backside of the terrarium where i have attach the pipe. And as you can se i use the cold outdoors to cill down my newt tank, in the kitchen i have a window as only have some vent bars as allwas are open. This only workes in the cold time off the year here in sweden, but damn it works! i have the temp at 16-17 degree constant in the tank.

Photo0018.jpg

Her is a photo at the radiator in attached at the tank rof. It gives av reduce about 3-4 degrees celcius, and i also belive that it does much with the air circulation together with the fan in the tank.

Photo0027.jpg

The finish tank, 7-8cm deep mixture of peat and leaf as bottom substrate. Decorated with stones, bark and some moss.

Photo0028.jpg

Photo0025.jpg

Photo0020.jpg

Good temp..

Photo0019.jpg

Photo0029.jpg

Im reallys satesfied with this terrarium/radiator system, and as i said it works just as ii imagine.

Sorry if its a litle hard to anderstand, but i did my best:cool:
Cheers/Tomas

Thanks dane_zu, fun you like it! i shall build a mutch bigger enclosure after housing them in this a litle while.

Many ideas allready.
Cheers

I always thougth about the top picknick box solution and you just proved that it works.
Congratulations!!!

" I always thougth about the top picknick box solution and you just proved that it works.
Congratulations!!! "

Yes tritonfin, its really working perfect..I eaven dont need to have the fan on at the time, and the probleme with the stationary air is no longer a probleme. Its only a layer with moist at the topp of my peat, and that is what i want. I will never use soil again, peat is better what i have discover.

Regards/Tomas

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • gemmie:
    Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in Australia
    +1
    Unlike
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +1
    Back