Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

CB 2009 Necturus cf. beyeri....?

ek

Reaction score
If my eggs hatch.

My adults were wc as larvae about 5 years ago. I had infertile and a couple fertile eggs last year, but did better this year.......

http://www.caudata.org/forum/album.php?albumid=593

I'll try to post more info if/when they hatch. I have had trouble in the past with this species eating it's eggs.

i_love_necturus

Reaction score
Congratulations, as it's well known Necturus aren't easy to breed. Good luck with the eggs. I look forward to updates!

eyrops

Reaction score
This is great news. I'm not sure what the protocol is, but if you could write up something on your technique, I'm sure it would be very much appreciated on the caudata culture pages. It would be nice here too, of course.

-Steve Morse

bgannon

Reaction score
Wow, that's really cool. From all the research I've done, it's incredibly difficult to achieve. Finding one has been a real challenge for me. I've been trying to get one for our museums exhibit opening up soon, but have had no luck. Hopefully, your breeding could lead the way of having more accessible mudpuppies without having to catch them in the wild.

robertlhill

Reaction score
I am just seeing this, but EK, what type of cycling did you do for yours? I have a couple of long-term cf. beyeri as well and am curious about cycling/conditioning.

Thanks and good luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!