Away on vacay

jacknbox75

Reaction score
Country
United States
My Lottie is a class pet at school and we will be out for 3 days for Labor Day. I was thinking about bringing her home and fringing her so I can keep an eye on her. She's only about 3 inches. Is that good practice? We will be out for 6 days over Thanksgiving and want to do the same thing. Any thoughts?

I don't think I would feel comfortable using the fridge for such a young Axie...

Is there any way you can instead just bring her home in a tub and do daily water changes and continue feeding her while school is out?

I don't know if even the weekends without food would be good for such a young little one either.

But that's just my opinion, I'm new to Axie care myself.

I could do that too. Just worried about keeping the water cold enough.

Fridge will be fine as long as it's in the bottom (not too cold) with possibly more than a gallon of water. As far as food ( cause growing axolotl need to eat constantly) can you get some live aquatic worms like black worms and put in there along with him? He possibly need about about 1 oz. for 3 days. Cause dead food give off too much ammonia.

Yes I will bring home her worms. I store them in my teammates fridge! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to stress her out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back