Axolotl Medication Resource & Guide

Zofran5

Reaction score
Country
United States
While researching medications I stumbled across this resource published by Kentucky University. It contains signs of illness, a refrigeration guide, and most importantly a medication guide. The author covers safe and unsafe medications, and discusses how doses listed on medication packages are often well below the recommended dose for amphibians. It includes a table with adjusted dosages for axolotls. According to this, I've been giving my guy a tenth of the recommended axolotl dose for the antibiotic I'm currently using.

Hope this helps!

Yes, it can bring some help,

but ...

- don't forget it was written by someone working in a particular context (many animals raised in rather artificial conditions),
- the last paragraph should be read first,
- I bet one of the photos featuring a healthy axolotl would be seen as a very stressed one with its very curld forward gills.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back