Brooklyn mushu new to group…

KaiKris0731

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good evening everyone… I am new to this group community of axolotl portal. My son and I are raising two axolotl’s one we have received in July 2022 and we just got a new member,male just added to the tank on February 5 2023. So I have a lot of questions and some concerns if anyone could put third Insight it will definitely be appreciate it . This morning I have noticed that I have white little dots all over my tank just realizing that my female axolotl has just laid her eggs. Not Too sure if it was too soon to take out the male axolotl of out of the tank due to the concern of I might eat the eggs . We know the basics or the fundamentals of caring for an axolotl I did have experience on real tropical fish but this is still a new area for me . My son was the one that really wanted to have baby axolotl‘s so we purchase the male and thought that I had a little bit more time researching this better.
how soon or is it too soon to take him out for the tank?

Good evening everyone… I am new to this group community of axolotl portal. My son and I are raising two axolotl’s one we have received in July 2022 and we just got a new member,male just added to the tank on February 5 2023. So I have a lot of questions and some concerns if anyone could put third Insight it will definitely be appreciate it . This morning I have noticed that I have white little dots all over my tank just realizing that my female axolotl has just laid her eggs. Not Too sure if it was too soon to take out the male axolotl of out of the tank due to the concern of I might eat the eggs . We know the basics or the fundamentals of caring for an axolotl I did have experience on real tropical fish but this is still a new area for me . My son was the one that really wanted to have baby axolotl‘s so we purchase the male and thought that I had a little bit more time researching this better.
how soon or is it too soon to take him out for the tank?
hi there,
you may want to move this to a different section, such as eggs and breeding.
from the information you've provided, it does not sound like you are prepared to care for hundreds of larvae.
i suggest removing the male from the tank to avoid further accidental breeding.

hi there,
you may want to move this to a different section, such as eggs and breeding.
from the information you've provided, it does not sound like you are prepared to care for hundreds of larvae.
i suggest removing the male from the tank to avoid further accidental breeding.
Thanks you .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back