United States
Display Name
Liz
What is this

Attachments

• 20130925_205746.jpg
    20130925_205746.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 201
Those look like fungal spores. I'm not too sure though, we'll see what others think.

Do you have a driftwood, bogwood, or mopani log in your tank at the moment? I have a piece of mopani in mine and it grows fungus sometimes, but it's harmless to axolotls and dies off quickly in a cycled tank.

Nope no wood also don't have any live plants

Well, those are definitely some kind of spore. Judging by the cottony look, it is probably fungal in nature. So I have a few questions.

1. What kind of things are in your tank right now?

2. Do you feed your axolotl with shrimp or feeder fish from a breeding colony?

3. What are your water parameters and where does your water supply come from?

4. What kind of food do you feed your axolotl with?

5. Where is your tank situated?

Well, those are definitely some kind of spore. Judging by the cottony look, it is probably fungal in nature. So I have a few questions.

1. What kind of things are in your tank right now?

2. Do you feed your axolotl with shrimp or feeder fish from a breeding colony?

3. What are your water parameters and where does your water supply come from?

4. What kind of food do you feed your axolotl with?

5. Where is your tank situated?

1.5 axolotls ..large flat stone..a few fake plants..fake log for hiding
2.no
3.I don't have the cards anymore but 7.6 ph no ammonia slight nitrate very dull light people
4.earthworms
5.in my living room on a stand in front of my window but I keep the light out with blinds and curtains that are only open on cloudy or rainy days

I agree with Julia, looks like hydra to me. Completely harmless to axolotls, common in freshwater environments, and can be removed with a cloth wiped over the surface of the glass.

Last edited:
Great thank you all so much!

Always a good idea to read a post by a mod rather than continue to waffle about other stuff.....

Since I'm pretty sure that was, yet again, directed at me, I'll just go ahead and say that 1) I didn't know Julia was a moderator. And 2) I wasn't sure what "hydra" meant at the time. Now if you would kindly stop treating me like a child, I'll be on my way.

Since I'm pretty sure that was, yet again, directed at me, I'll just go ahead and say that 1) I didn't know Julia was a moderator. And 2) I wasn't sure what "hydra" meant at the time. Now if you would kindly stop treating me like a child, I'll be on my way.

Feel free to jog on......

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back