Cat hair in tank

Courtney 87

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have two cats and a little bit of their hair gets into my axolotls tank...is it going to harm my little one?

For as long as I've had my axolotl, I've been seeing my own hair in the tank, mostly it sticks to the surface of the water, but sometimes it sinks down. Unless there's loads of it, I wouldn't worry. But it might be a good idea to prevent this happening if you can. Whenever I see one, I take it out immediately, but just because it's unsightly and I really worry about my little guy over any little thing that might harm him

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thank you! Ive been taking it out right away I just worry so easily over my little one

My hair somehow gets in the tank too. I do notice that it ocassionally gets in the filter pump (it's a hang on back) and after a water change the filter won't turn back on. I just have to take the whole thing apart and take the one hair that manages to get tangled in the pump out lol.

My house is a zoo so there's always plenty of animal hair getting in the tank.. Shouldn't be a problem unless your salamanders allergic....? Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like it's common then. Unless it's starting to get in his way or its clogging up the filter then I think it's okay.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back