Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

does he look bloated?

jennag446

Reaction score
after feeding my juvenile axie bloodworms for a few weeks (i ran out of earth worms and could not find them anywhere near me), i got some nightcrawlers and fed them to him. i chopped them up and he only ate around two or three pieces each day for the past few days. does he look bloated at all? he’s pooping fine and not floating. i know that bloodworms do not have a lot of nutritional value so this probably was a big change in his diet. his stomach does look bigger, though, and he has been a little less active than usual. i removed the sand from the tank a week or two ago but there is still a little bit scattered around. definitely not enough to impact him, though. he also used to be on the skinnier side so i’m wondering if he’s just catching up with his weight.

Attachments

• 73767559-97A1-4B57-AC70-5748E84396FE.jpeg
    73767559-97A1-4B57-AC70-5748E84396FE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 305
Ah, yes, I saw this on Reddit too. I wonder if someone here can comment or confirm possible bacterial infections.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2