Question: Help with reverse osmosis

starkerz14

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have just purchased a reverse osmosis filter because my tap water I use has 40ppm Nitrates in it, so I want to be able to purify it..

I have read on the internet that I will need to replenish the water after it has been filtered, so what do I use to bring the ph back up to a desirable level? Or would adding it to my tap water do the trick?

Thanks in advance

Oli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a product called Replenish by Seachem. Not sure exactly what it will do to your ph but it will add a bunch of beneficial minerals back into your water.

I use a product called Replenish by Seachem. Not sure exactly what it will do to your ph but it will add a bunch of beneficial minerals back into your water.

Thank you, just out of curiosty, what ph is your water after the RO process?

Thank you, just out of curiosty, what ph is your water after the RO process?

Super low. Don’t have a number off hand but it barely registers when I test it. I have to add a buffer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back