Help

JulMl

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi!!
I’m a really New Member of this community, yesterday a bought 2 axolotl from a pet store. On my way to going home, I saw that one of them has one leg black-ish. I searched google and read articles but i didn’t find any similar injury. Can please someone help me? I’m a vet student, but in my faculty, there is no one specialized in such exotic animals..Both of them are eating, are active, curently the water temp is at 18C, ph between 7-7,5. Please help !!

Attachments

• 4C150F05-F508-41E0-8131-1355489846A2.jpeg
    4C150F05-F508-41E0-8131-1355489846A2.jpeg
    738.5 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
If anyone it is in a similar situation, this baby was injured. That affected part was (i guess a fracture/necrosis) and it fell off. Now its a nice clean post-trauma part of the membre.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back