My New Fire Belly Newts & Questions

ReptileLover

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, everyone, I got my newts newly and I wanted to ask you some questions about newts
1-whats the disease types of newts? (mostly commons )
2-how we understand their genders easily?
3-are their condition is good?
4-im giving them lot of Daphnia is good for them?
5-what time should I feed them ? 2 days or 1 day
6-what can I do for avoiding disease for their health?
Is 7-the water 23 is that problem for them?
8-can you suggest a name for them :)
9-when I taking them to my hand they gone extremely stressful is that harmful to them?
10-can you suggest some thinks about newts?
11-are they Chinese or Japanese fire belly newt?
12-java moss and anibuas barteri var is good for their aquarium?
(I'm going to make upgrades about aquarium as soon as possible
Thanks for everything ^^(Sorry for my bad English)

Attachments

• IMG_8776.jpg
    IMG_8776.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_8773.jpg
    IMG_8773.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8770.jpg
    IMG_8770.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8769.jpg
    IMG_8769.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8767.jpg
    IMG_8767.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_8766.jpg
    IMG_8766.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_8765.jpg
    IMG_8765.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_8764.jpg
    IMG_8764.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 110
Let me answer your questions in reverse order. :happy:

12-java moss and anibuas barteri var is good for their aquarium?

Those plants mentioned are fine. You could add Elodea densa or Bacopa carolinensis as well.

11-are they Chinese or Japanese fire belly newt?

Neither chinese nor japanese. Your newts are Triturus ivanbureschi (synonym: Triturus arntzeni) Check out this thread for comparison: https://www.caudata.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61028&highlight=triturus+arntzeni

9-when I taking them to my hand they gone extremely stressful is that harmful to them?

Handling should be reduced to the absolute minimum to avoid stress.

6-what can I do for avoiding disease for their health?
Is 7-the water 23 is that problem for them?

Frequent water changes to ensure a high water quality. Use sand as substrate or a bare bottom tank and offer some hiding spots. Water temperature around 20 °C in summer is acceptable. During the rest of the year it should be cooler.
Read this caresheet to get all the necessary information: https://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Triturus/Triturus_sp.shtml

4-im giving them lot of Daphnia is good for them?
5-what time should I feed them ? 2 days or 1 day

Daphnia is fine, but you can feed worms and mosquito-larvae too. Feeding every other day should be enough.

3-are their condition is good?

Your newts look very healthy and if you follow the guidance provided in the caresheet above, they should be fine.

2-how we understand their genders easily?

Males develop a high crest during breeding season.

Lots of thanks i opened this thread wrongly
and I didn't check here thanks for answers this tips is very important for me again thanks so much !! i got my daphnia culture is new and mostly newborn daphnias and I'm feeding them 1 time in 2 days is that problem for them when I made big daphnia culture i will feed them 1 time in 1 day thanks again !

Your feeding schedule seems to be fine, but I would definitely diversify it with bloodworms, Tubifex and earthworms. You'll see that your crested newts will love worms way much more than Daphnia. ;)

I cant find tubifex in here but I feed them with earthworm today they loved it but its kinda hard to find them I can give them 1 times in week earthworm I will try to find mosquito larvae today I hope I can make a culture do you have any tips about produce mosquito larvae?
internet says to put a water on your garden put potato, vegetables and breed and wait 1-2 days it that only that?

Normally its enough to place a bucket with water into the garden and wait a few days until mosquitos lay their eggs in it. But once my girlfriend added onions in one of my mosquito cultures and I have to admit that there are more mosquito-larvae than ever. Maybe this works with potatoes and other vegetables as well?! :D

Thanks, I cant found the bucket at the moment I will try this with a 1-liter big jar with add lot of vegetables and potato :) I think it will work Thanks again!

I saw some difference between my newts 1 is got an orange line in upside
1 is got a black line in upside and it got bite trail on the tail (or something like that )
I hope 1 is male 1 is female because I want a newborn small newts in my aquarium :)
and what their breed season? Thanks again

Can i feed my newts with earthworm? I found cheap earthworm seller 50 earthworms just 3.5 dollars I'm planning to produce them but is any risk about parasites?
if there is a risk i will continue to daphnia :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back