Need Recommendations

axolover703

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
OpalAxies
Hi :) I have an axolotl named Andrew, and summer is coming up on us quickly, I've already had to bust out the frozen water bottles in our current 60 degree average weather, so when it gets to be up to 70 and 80 degree weather, it's always really hard for me to keep him cool. I want to invest in an aquarium chiller before June/late May, but I'm having trouble choosing one. So does anyone know which aquarium chiller would work well with a 20 gallon tank in hot Wisconsin summers? Thanks a lot!!

I live in Ohio and it can easily get up the the 100s in summer, so I keep my axolotls in my basement and the water rarely gets above 70, and if it does, I just use a frozen water bottle.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back