Seachem Flourish Trace Elements/Seachem Flourish Excel

DanTheTingler

Reaction score
Country
United States
So my fire-belly newt tank is planted, with Elodea, Anubias, Java Fern, as well as Taiwanese Moss.

I was thinking about using Seachem products to help with my plant growth and health, such as Seachem Flourish Excel and Seachem Flourish Trace Elements. My question is, will products like these harm my newts? A major problem some people seem to have with them is that they contain copper?

Thanks for any help!

Personally I don't use any fertilisers or CO2 at all, and I get away with it most of the time. I'm not sure copper is even safe for all freshwater fish, is it?
My Firebelly tank is densely planted and does reasonably well without fertilisers, but it does have Reef capable LED lighting, which made a massive difference over my old T8 set up, pluss nowhere near the heat output. Granted, the plants might be able to utilise the light better if I did use fertiliser, but I doubt many fertilisers have been formulated with aquatic amphibians in mind and I'd rather not run the risk, especially when so many of the plants that do well in cold water don't seem to need it to flourish.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back