Stubborn guy

Lotllovebug

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve been doing water changes everyday since I got these two after Valentine’s Day this year. My copper was missing a hand and as you can see he isnt progressing as my Golden. I know they grow at diff rates but I’m concerned as to why he looks so skinny ...at this point a vet is needed probably. He’s pooping regularly and is active. Is he just a slow grower (these guys were only together bc I was changing Their water)

Attachments

• IMG_0881.MP4
    5.1 MB
Have you tried any pellets yet? They may be getting big enough for you to try feeding them one pellet a day for a bit, to get them used to them. Those bloodworms or whatever, they're not really high in good nutrients. Once they get a little bigger, you should transition to earthworms of some kind, cut one in half if you have to and give one side to the other, worms are super good at putting weight on axolotls but yours are still small.

Have you tried any pellets yet? They may be getting big enough for you to try feeding them one pellet a day for a bit, to get them used to them. Those bloodworms or whatever, they're not really high in good nutrients. Once they get a little bigger, you should transition to earthworms of some kind, cut one in half if you have to and give one side to the other, worms are super good at putting weight on axolotls but yours are still small.
I try giving him wiggles I cut really small for him but he’s just refusing...someone told me to warm up his water temporarily?

I try giving him wiggles I cut really small for him but he’s just refusing...someone told me to warm up his water temporarily?
wigglers have a bitter taste to them, if he’s refusing that’s probably why. id try pellets like romioi suggested :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back