Tail bend normal?

proberge

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I recently picked up a albino gfp about a week or so ago and I just noticed his/her tail is bent in a weird way and I am unsure if this is normal since my other axolotl don’t have this. He is still exploring his tank and still eating well.

Tank temp - 62 degrees
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate- 10/20

I am planning on doing a water change tonight to lower nitrate levels to see if that helps but any other insights will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1476.jpeg
    IMG_1476.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 305
  • IMG_1479.jpeg
    IMG_1479.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
if it is the wavy look to the dorsal/tail fin that you are concerned about, although it is not normal it isn't uncommon either and should affect your axolotl much apart from when swimming (axolotls are poor swimmers anyway).
wavy fins are only a concern when the tail itself is malformed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back