Tania from Virginia

TaniaS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all. Just joined the group. I have kept a wide variety of animals over the years--mammals, birds, reptiles, arachnids--but this axolotl is my first amphibian. "Her" (I think) name is Mochi, and I've had her since September 2022. I acquired her from a teenager who seemed to think that keeping her shut in a closet was a good idea (they like the dark, you see :rolleyes:). Also, her entire diet was, as far as I can tell, blood worms. Anyway, she was a fairly stunted (only about 5" at a year old), unhappy little critter. She has blossomed since then and even grown a bit--which surprised me. I'm still figuring things out with her, hence joining this group. Anyway--nice to "meet" you.

Tania

Attachments

• Reduced size.jpg
    Reduced size.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 369
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back